Mount St. Mary's, Md. 65, Navy 56Nov 29, 2009 - 3:12 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -- Jeremy Goode scored 18 points and Jean Cajou 16, and they scored the first six points of overtime as Mount St. Mary's edged Navy 65-56 on Saturday night.
Goode made 1 of 2 free throws 14 seconds into overtime and added two at the 3:26 mark to put the Mountaineers (3-2) ahead 57-54. Cajou's 3-pointer with 2:38 left made it 60-54.
The Midshipmen (2-4), who shot 0-for-6 in overtime, never led and got their only tie with 22 seconds left in regulation when Cajou fouled Romeo Garcia, who made both free throws.
Navy trailed 32-23 at the half but a 15-7 run pulled the Midshipmen within 39-38 with 11:53 left. Chris Harris scored nine of his 17 points in that stretch, including two free throws to give him 35 in a row, breaking Matt Sladky's school record.
Harris made two more free throws in regulation but missed 2 of 4 in overtime and was 5-for-21 from the field in the game.
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 65
NAVY 56 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Nov 28 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 54
NAVY 54 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Nov 28 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 32
NAVY 23 HALFTIME
Nov 28 7:46 PM
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- Burke placed on administrative leave Feb 16
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10
- Balanced attack paces Marquette past Mount St. Mary's Nov 12