Idaho State edges out UMKC 68-65Nov 29, 2009 - 3:27 AM KANSAS CITY, Mo.(AP) -- Broderick Gilchrest's short jumper in the lane with 22 seconds left gave Idaho State the go-ahead score in a 68-65 victory over Missouri-Kansas City on Saturday night.
The Bengals (2-4) had three players in double figures with Amorrow Morgan scoring 16, Demetrius Monroe adding 15 and Donnie Carson coming off the bench to score 10.
The Kangaroos (3-2) led 64-60 with about four minutes left, but scored only a free throw for the remainder of the game.
UMKC had three players score double figures paced by Jay Couisnard with 16. Bakari Lewis added 13 and Spencer Johnson 11.
After Gilchrest's jumper made it 66-65, the Kangaroos missed their next try and Monroe pulled down the rebound. He was fouled with nine seconds left and made both free throws for the final margin.
- No. 14 Iowa State coasts to win over UMKC Dec 10
- Kangaroos hoping to bounce past 14th-ranked Cyclones Dec 9
- No. 3 Louisville cruises past UMKC Dec 4
- No. 7 Louisville takes on UMKC Dec 4
- Iowa State routs UMKC Nov 25
- Cyclones set sights on Kangaroos Nov 25
- UMKC picks Louisville assistant Richardson Mar 19
- UMKC fires Brown Mar 12
- No. 25 Kansas State holds off UMKC Dec 29
- Wildcats set sights on Kangaroos Dec 29
- Smith leads No. 5 Louisville in rout of UMKC Dec 8
- Fifth-ranked Cardinals collide with Kangaroos Dec 8