UAB rolls past Florida A&M 90-59Nov 29, 2009 - 4:44 AM BIRMINGHAM, Ala.(AP) -- Howard Crawford scored 26 points to lead four Alabama-Birmingham players in double figures in a 90-59 rout of Florida A&M on Saturday night.
UAB (6-1) has won 27 consecutive non-conference home games and is off to its best start since 1998-99, when the Blazers started 8-1.
Elijah Millsap added 18 points, Jamarr Sanders scored 13 and Aaron Johnson finished with 11 points for the Blazers, who have won five consecutive games after rolling to a 38-23 halftime lead against the Rattlers (0-7).
UAB ended the first half on a 13-2 run and scored the first four points of the second for a 42-23 lead with 18:17 remaining. Johnson's layup stretched the lead to 46-25 with 17:37 left.
The Blazers, who shot 50.9 percent from the field (29-for-57), finished the game on an 18-2 run that provided the final margin.
Christopher Walker led Florida A&M with 12 points and eight rebounds.
- UAB gives Robert Ehsan 5-year deal worth $450,000 annually Apr 20
- UAB elevates Rob Ehsan to become men's basketball coach Apr 4
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- UAB, Haase agree to new 6-year contract Mar 25
- UCLA beats UAB to reach Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Spot in Sweet 16 awaits winner of UAB vs. UCLA Mar 21
- UAB topples Iowa State for first upset of tourney Mar 19
- Cyclones start tournament in showdown with Blazers Mar 19
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Paige, No. 20 UNC cruise to win over UAB Dec 27
- Tar Heels play host to Blazers Dec 27