Utah State routs Southern Utah 89-49Nov 29, 2009 - 4:28 AM LOGAN, Utah(AP) -- Preston Medlin scored a career-high 17 points and Pooh Williams matched that total to lead Utah State past Southern Utah 89-49 Saturday night.
Medlin made 5 of 6 from behind the 3-point line for the Aggies (3-2), who made 11 3-pointers as a team and shot 53 percent from the field.
Southern Utah (3-4) shot just 26 percent from the field. The Thunderbirds were led by Ryan Brimley with 12 points and Davis Baker with 10.
Utah State used an 18-0 run at the start of the second half to pull away, sparked by five consecutive points from Williams.
The Aggies outrebounded Southern Utah 25-16 in the second half and forced 19 Thunderbird turnovers while committing only six themselves.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- San Diego State routs Utah State in MWC quarters Mar 13
- Aztecs and Aggies square off in MWC quarterfinals Mar 13
- New Mexico pulls away from Utah State Feb 26
- Surging Lobos take on slumping Aggies Feb 25
- Shrigley and Aztecs thump Aggies Feb 19
- Aggies and Aztecs mix it up in Mountain West melee Feb 18
- Thames, Aztecs edge Aggies in OT Jan 26
- Aztecs hope to continue hot streak in clash with Aggies Jan 25