Cornell holds off Drexel 61-54Nov 29, 2009 - 9:52 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Ryan Wittman scored 18 points and Jeff Foote added 15, extending Cornell's winning streak to three games with a 61-54 win over Drexel on Sunday.
Wittman went 2-for-4 from 3-point range for the Big Red (5-2), who finished 6-for-14 from beyond the arc in the Legends Classic. Cornell also hit 9 of 11 free throws, another factor that helped the Big Red overcome shooting 40.4 percent from the field (23-for-57).
Drexel (3-4) shot 51.2 percent for the game (22-for-43), but committed 18 turnovers to just nine by the Big Red.
The Dragons trailed the entire game, as the Big Red opened up the contest on a 15-1 run and never looked back. Cornell led by 11 points at the half and won despite being outscored 35-31 in the second half.
Jamie Harris paced the Dragons with 15 points, Gerald Colds added 14 and Samme Givens chipped in with 10.
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- UCLA wins opener over Drexel Nov 9
- Syracuse starts year off right by rallying past Cornell Nov 8
- Alford era begins, as Bruins battle Dragons Nov 8