Mississippi beats Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 73-58Nov 29, 2009 - 11:16 PM OXFORD, Miss.(AP) -- Chris Warren and Terrico White scored 19 points each as Mississippi defeated Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 73-58 on Sunday.
Terrance Henry added 12 points for the Rebels (5-1), who played without leading rebounder Murphy Holloway, who rested an ankle injury. Ole Miss was 27-for-63 from the field (43 percent) and had only six turnovers.
Kevin Palmer scored 15 of his 23 points in the second half to lead Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (4-3).
Ole Miss led 40-23 at halftime on the strength of a 17-4 run in the opening 7 minutes. The Islanders pulled within 10 points late in the first half, but could not get closer than 11 points in the second half.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi shot 21-for-52 from the field (40 percent), but could not overcome a 1-for-11 start.
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- Xavier handles Ole Miss Mar 19
- Xavier begins tournament against Ole Miss Mar 19
- Ole Miss surges back to beat BYU in Dayton Mar 18
- BYU and Ole Miss meet in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 17
- Late shot sends Arkansas past Ole Miss Feb 15
- Arkansas and Ole Miss clash in SEC showdown Feb 14
- Ole Miss knocks off No. 19 Arkansas Jan 18
- Ole Miss takes on No. 19 Arkansas in SEC action Jan 17
- No. 1 Kentucky survives in overtime against Ole Miss Jan 7