Presbyterian defeats Montreat 68-50Dec 1, 2009 - 3:18 AM CLINTON, S.C.(AP) -- Jake Troyli scored a career-high 22 points and Presbyterian defeated Montreat 68-50 on Monday night.
Troyli, who also grabbed eight rebounds, led four Blue Hose players who scored in double figures. Walt Allen added 12 for Presbyterian and Khalid Mutakabbir and Chase Holmes scored 11 and 10 points, respectively.
The Blue Hose (2-5) led 35-30 at halftime before the Cavaliers (2-7) cut the deficit to two points 3 minutes into the second half.
Presbyterian would push its lead to 54-41 on a dunk by Mutakabbir with under 8 minutes left.
The Blue Hose held Montreat to 21.4 percent shooting (6 of 28), including 14.3 percent from behind the 3-point line (2 of 14) in the second half.
Presbyterian, which won its second straight game, shot 51.9 percent from the field (27 of 52).
Kevin Hanlon was the only Montreat player in double figures with 17 points.
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- Late trey lifts Presbyterian to upset win over No. 20 Cincinnati Nov 19
- Blue Hose face tall task in clash with 20th-ranked Bearcats Nov 19
- Coach K ties Knight as Duke rolls Nov 12
- Blue Hose battle Blue Devils, as Coack K eyes milestone Nov 12
- Missouri dominates Presbyterian Dec 11
- K-State holds off Presbyterian Nov 19
- Law paces High Point past Presbyterian 67-48 Feb 27