St. Peter's 58, Lafayette 56Dec 1, 2009 - 4:35 AM EASTON, Penn. (AP) -- Wesley Jenkins hit two free throws with 2.2 seconds left and then stole the ensuing inbounds pass to give St. Peter's College a 58-56 win over Lafayette on Monday night.
Jenkins, who finished with 16 points and five steals, was fouled after three free throws by the Leopards' Michael Gruner tied the game for the seventh time with 6 seconds left.
The Peacocks (2-3) trailed 45-41 with 6:10 remaining before scoring six straight points to go ahead by four.
Jenkins started the run on a 3-pointer and a layup, and Jeron Belin put St. Peter's ahead 47-42 with 4:12 left.
Belin added 12 points and Nick Leon chipped in 13 for the Peacocks, who led 26-21 at halftime.
Jeff Kari led the Leopards (4-3) with 18 points and Jim Mower added 11.
Lafayette's Jared Mintz, third in the Patriot League with 18.2 points per game, was held to five points.
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 58
LAFAYETTE 56 FINAL
Nov 30 10:31 PM
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 26
LAFAYETTE 21 HALFTIME
Nov 30 9:27 PM
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13
- Gophers overwhelm Lafayette for eighth straight win Dec 22
- Leopards hope to claw way past 13th-ranked Golden Gophers Dec 22
- Wiltjer, Kentucky rout Lafayette Nov 16
- Lafayette in for long night against third-ranked Kentucky Nov 16