Delaware State knocks off Delaware 75-67Dec 2, 2009 - 3:28 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Frisco Sandidge scored 26 points to lead Delaware State to a 75-67 victory over Delaware on Tuesday night.
Sandidge was 12-for-16 from the free throw line as the Hornets (4-1) won the first meeting between the two programs since Nov. 20, 2000.
Delaware State led most of the second half, but couldn't pull away from Delaware (1-5), which stayed close behind 18 points and 13 rebounds from Jamelle Hagins.
D.J. Boney hit a 3-pointer to cut Delaware State's lead to 57-54 with 2:42 left, but Alibaba Odd hit two free throws and Sandidge added two more foul shots for a 61-54 advantage with 1:22 remaining.
Marcus Neal's two free throws gave the Hornets a 70-60 lead with 20 seconds left.
Neal added 16 points and Odd finished with 15 points.
Jawan Carter, who entered the game averaging 21 points, finished with 12 points for Delaware, which had 20 turnovers.
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10