Chattanooga defeats Jacksonville State 80-71Dec 2, 2009 - 3:55 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Keegan Bell scored 17 points to lead Chattanooga to an 80-71 victory over Jacksonville State on Tuesday night.
Bell scored six points in the final 1:08, hitting four three throws and a layup to help the Mocs (4-3) win the final game of a five-game, 10-day road trip.
Jacksonville State (2-4), which has lost three consecutive games, took a 63-62 lead on Trenton Marshall's layup with 6:35 left, but Jeremy Saffore gave Chattanooga a 64-63 advantage with 6:20 left.
Rick Murphy's free throw tied the score at 64 with 5:54 remaining, but Chattanooga stayed in control after that, outscoring the Gamecocks 16-7.
Josh Odem and Ricky Taylor scored 13 points each and Jeff Smith added 11 points for the Mocs.
Marshall scored 20 points to lead Jacksonville State. Jay-R Strowbridge scored 15, Jeremy Bynum added 14 and Murphy had 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Gamecocks.
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 71 FINAL
Dec 1 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSONVILLE ST 39 HALFTIME
Dec 1 8:49 PM
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9