Virginia Tech gets by Iowa, 70-64Dec 2, 2009 - 4:45 AM By LUKE MEREDITH AP Sports Writer
IOWA CITY, Iowa(AP) -- Malcolm Delaney scored 18 points, Terrell Bell added 13 and Virginia Tech held on to beat host Iowa 70-64 Tuesday night in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge
The Hokies (5-1) committed just five turnovers and finished a four-game road swing with three wins.
Iowa cut Virginia Tech's lead to 63-59 with just under two minutes left. But Dorenzo Hudson nailed a long 3 with 1:33 left and the shot clock set to expire, and Bell sealed the victory with a dunk following a fight for a loose ball with 17 seconds remaining.
Victor Davila and Jeff Allen each had 10 points for the Hokies, who are now 2-3 in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge - with both wins coming against Iowa.
Anthony Tucker had a season-high 24 points for the Hawkeyes (2-5), who lost despite shooting 44 percent from 3-point range.
- NCAA BB
VIRGINIA TECH 70
IOWA 64 FINAL
Dec 1 11:31 PM
- NCAA BB
VIRGINIA TECH 34
IOWA 28 HALFTIME
Dec 1 10:22 PM
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Iowa puts walk-on Nicholas Baer on scholarship Apr 7
- Virginia Tech grants sophomore guard Jalen Hudson release Apr 6
- Iowa guard Andrew Fleming to transfer Mar 31
- Iowa's promising season ends in disappointment Mar 21
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19
- Iowa looking to turn things around against Temple Mar 17
- Guard Mike Gesell blossoms into unheralded star for Iowa Mar 8
- No. 8 Iowa suffers damaging 68-64 loss at Ohio State Feb 28
- Iowa controls Big Ten destiny despite loss to Penn State Feb 22
- Iowa big man Adam Woodbury silences critics Feb 10
- No. 2 North Carolina's game at Virginia Tech moved to 3 p.m. Jan 23