Dayton knocks off Miami (Ohio) 65-58Dec 3, 2009 - 3:01 AM OXFORD, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Wright scored 14 points to lead Dayton to a 65-58 victory over Miami (Ohio) on Wednesday night.
Chris Johnson added 13 points and eight rebounds as the Flyers (4-2) led the final 19 minutes of the game, but couldn't pull away.
Dayton led 59-51 on Wright's layup, but Adam Fletcher scored on a layup and Rodney Haddix hit a 3-pointer to cut the lead to 59-56 with 1:15 remaining.
Antonio Ballard hit two free throws to cut the lead to 59-58 with 34 seconds to play, but the Flyers held off the RedHawks (2-5) with six free throws in the final 31 seconds for the final margin.
The RedHawks, who entered the game averaging 8.8 3-pointers, were 7-for-17 from the 3-point line (41.2 percent). Nick Winbush, Miami's leading 3-point shooter, was only 1-for-4 from beyond the arc and scored only five points.
Haddix led Miami with 15 points and Kenny Hayes added 13 points.
- University of Dayton center Steve McElvene dies May 12
- Dayton gives coach Archie Miller an extra year on contract Mar 23
- Boeheim has Orange back in NCAA Tournament opposite Dayton Mar 17
- Dayton extends Archie Miller's contract through 2021-22 Mar 26
- Oklahoma advances to Sweet 16 with win over Dayton Mar 22
- Flyers and Sooners mix it up in third-round action Mar 22
- Pierre leads Dayton past Providence Mar 21
- Dayton and Providence meet in second round of NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Graham leads VCU past Dayton for A-10 crown Mar 15
- VCU seeks redemption in A-10 title game Mar 15