Harper's 14 lead Richmond past ODU, 67-60Dec 3, 2009 - 2:06 AM By HANK KURZ Jr. AP Sports Writer
RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Justin Harper scored 14 points and Richmond opened the second half with a 15-2 burst and added another later to beat Old Dominion 67-60 on Wednesday night.
The Spiders (7-1), back home after beating Southeastern Conference tournament champion Mississippi State and Big 12 tournament champion Missouri to win the South Padre Island Invitational, had a 15-4 run later in the second half after the Monarchs got within one.
Old Dominion (4-3), which lost to the same teams Richmond beat in the South Padre Island tournament, pulled to within 42-21 on Keyon Carter's 3-pointer with 11:57 left. But the Monarchs managed only two field goals in the next 7 minutes to trail again, 57-45.
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8