Hobson leads New Mexico over California 86-78Dec 3, 2009 - 4:29 AM ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.(AP) -- Darington Hobson collected 22 points and 15 rebounds to help New Mexico stay unbeaten with a 86-78 victory against California on Wednesday night.
A late 3-pointer from Roman Martinez put the Lobos (7-0) ahead to stay. Martinez finished with 16 points.
Jamal Boykin had 21 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Golden Bears (4-3).
The game was tight throughout, but New Mexico closed with a 9-2 run, resulting in happy students rushing the floor as the final buzzer sounded.
Martinez's big shot came with 3:14 remaining and the score 74-74. The game had 17 lead changes and was tied 12 times.
Phillip McDonald added 15 points for New Mexico, while Jerome Randle added 20 for Cal.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO 86 FINAL
Dec 2 11:08 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO 43 HALFTIME
Dec 2 9:58 PM
- Cal's Ivan Rabb bypasses draft to stay for sophomore season Apr 25
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Cal's tumultuous week ended by No. 13 seed Hawaii 77-66 Mar 18
- Cal point guard Tyrone Wallace breaks hand in practice Mar 18
- Cal coach Cuonzo Martin declines to discuss school review Mar 17
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Cal to face familiar friend in Hawaii assistant Montgomery Mar 17
- No. 24 California enters Pac-12 tournament on a roll Mar 7
- After undefeated February, Cal seeks Pac-12 title in March Mar 1
- California looks to solve road woes on trip to Washington Feb 16
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- Cal senior Tyrone Wallace out 4-6 weeks with broken hand Jan 19