Foote gets 28, Cornell tops Bucknell 104-98 in OTDec 3, 2009 - 3:50 AM LEWISBURG, Pa.(AP) -- Jeff Foote had career highs of 28 points and 18 rebounds and Ryan Wittman scored 25 points to help Cornell pull away from Bucknell in overtime, 104-98 on Wednesday night.
Louis Dale hit a go-ahead 3-pointer for the Big Red (6-2) in overtime, found Foote underneath on consecutive possessions and added a three-point play. He finished with 12 points and seven assists.
Darryl Shazier scored 22 points to lead the Bison (4-4), including a 3-pointer at the end of regulation that tied the game at 83-83. His 30-footer came after Cornell's Chris Wroblewski made the first of two free throws with 4 seconds left but missed the second.
Foote dominated the first half for the Big Red, totaling 14 points and 10 rebounds. Cornell led 45-36 at the break.
Freshman Mike Muscala had 20 points for Bucknell, making 9 of 11 shots and adding seven rebounds and four blocks.
- NCAA BB
BUCKNELL 98 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Dec 2 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
BUCKNELL 36 HALFTIME
Dec 2 7:46 PM
- Brian Earl hired as Cornell men's basketball coach Apr 18
- Stifling D lifts Cornell over Penn State-Harrisburg, 76-47 Nov 23
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Louisville wins again, chews up Cornell Nov 16
- No. 3 Louisville sets sights on Cornell Nov 15
- Syracuse starts year off right by rallying past Cornell Nov 8
- Eighth-ranked Orange open with Big Red Nov 8
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28