Western Carolina beats Wofford 72-67Dec 3, 2009 - 3:27 AM CULLOWHEE, N.C.(AP) -- Brandon Giles scored 22 points and Jake Robinson hit three free throws in the final 23 seconds, lifting Western Carolina to a 72-67 win over Wofford on Wednesday night.
Up by two points with 35 seconds left, Giles hit a pair of free throws to push Western Carolina's lead to 67-63. Robinson then sank another couple of foul shots 12 seconds later, extending the advantage to six points.
A Jamar Diggs layup pulled Wofford within 70-67 with 11 seconds left, but the Catamounts got one free throw apiece from Robinson and Brigham Waginger for the final margin.
Mike Williams scored 13 points for the Catamounts (6-1, 1-0 Southern Conference).
Noah Dahlman and Cameron Rundles scored 18 points apiece to lead the Terriers (4-4, 0-1).
The Catamounts have won five straight since losing 73-41 at No. 2 Texas on Nov. 18.
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 72 FINAL
Dec 2 9:33 PM
- NCAA BB
WESTRN CAROLINA 29 HALFTIME
Dec 2 8:21 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Western Carolina extends Hunter's contract Jun 6
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21
- Wolverines begin tournament run against Terriers Mar 20