Louisiana Tech beats Louisiana-Monroe 76-73Dec 3, 2009 - 4:10 AM MONROE, La.(AP) -- Kyle Gibson hit a 3-pointer with 1 second left, lifting Louisiana Tech to a 76-73 win over Louisiana-Monroe on Wednesday night.
Gibson, who led the Bulldogs with 26 points, scored eight points in the final 2:23 to seal the win.
With the score tied at 68, Gibson hit one of two free throws and dropped in a layup to put the Bulldogs (6-1) up by three points with 1:44 left.
After Tommie Sykes sank two foul shots to pull the Warhawks (3-4) back within a point, Gibson hit two of his own to give Louisiana Tech a 73-70 lead with 32 seconds remaining. The Warhawks then came out of their final timeout and Dynile Forbes dished to Lawrence Gilbert for the game-tying 3 with 15 second to go.
But the Bulldogs held for the last shot on the ensuing possession, and David Jackson found Gibson for the game-deciding shot.
Tony Hooper had 23 points to lead Louisiana-Monroe.
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 76
UL MONROE 73 FINAL
Dec 2 10:12 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 39
UL MONROE 34 HALFTIME
Dec 2 8:56 PM
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14