UC Riverside beats CS Bakersfield 87-47Dec 3, 2009 - 6:03 AM RIVERSIDE, Calif.(AP) -- Kyle Austin had 19 points and eight rebounds to lead California Riverside in an 87-47 rout of Cal State Bakersfield Wednesday night.
Larry Gurganious added 13 points and seven rebounds for the Highlanders (4-2).
Trent Blakley had 19 points, five rebounds and two steals to lead the Roadrunners (1-4). Jose Lara was the team's leading rebounder with eight, and he also had two steals and a block.
UC Riverside outrebounded the Roadrunners 47-37. CS Bakersfield made just 3 of 25 field goals (12 percent) and 4 of 9 free throws (44 percent) in the first half to trail 37-10 at halftime.
The Roadrunners improved in the second half, shooting 32 percent from the field and scoring 37 points.
UC Riverside hit 33 of 63 (52 percent) from the field in the game.
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- No. 16 SDSU beats Bakersfield 51-27 Nov 21
- 16th-ranked Aztecs take on Roadrunners Nov 20
- 19th-ranked SDSU rolls past CS-Bakersfield Jan 3
- 19th-ranked Aztecs play host to Roadrunners Jan 2
- No. 17 UNLV downs Cal State-Bakersfield Jan 6
- No. 17 UNLV pays visit to CS-Bakersfield Jan 5
- Long Beach State squeezes past UC Riverside 76-74 Mar 6
- No. 18 Gonzaga beats Bakersfield 78-59 Mar 2
- CS Bakersfield-Gonzaga Preview Mar 1