Mount St. Mary's, Md. 57, Robert Morris 63Dec 4, 2009 - 2:27 AM MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. (AP) -- Jimmy Langhurst scored 11 points as Robert Morris beat Mount St. Mary's (Md.) 63-57 on Thursday night in a rematch of last year's Northeast Conference championship game.
The Colonials (2-4, 1-0) have won eight home openers in a row.
Rob Robinson scored eight of the Colonials' final nine points. The Colonials led 28-19 at halftime and gained their largest lead at 32-21 on a basket by Mezie Nwigwe with 17:59 to play. Nwigwe was one of 10 Colonials to score.
The Mountaineers (3-4, 0-1) were led by Jeremy Goode with 15 points. Shawn Atupem added 13 points and Kelly Beidler had 10.
The Mountaineers were plagued by poor shooting and made only 20 percent (5-for-20) of their field goal attempts in the first half. The Mountaineers shot 31.4 percent (16-for-51) from the field for the game.
The Colonials made 41.7 percent from the field (25-for-60).
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 57
ROBERT MORRIS 63 FINAL
Dec 3 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
MT ST MARYS 19
ROBERT MORRIS 28 HALFTIME
Dec 3 7:57 PM
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Toole gets extension at Robert Morris Apr 15
- Duke crushes Robert Morris in NCAA opener Mar 21
- Colonials and Blue Devils mix it up in NCAA Tourney Mar 20
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- No. 6 Tar Heels beat Robert Morris 103-59 Nov 17
- Colonials tangle with sixth-ranked Tar Heels Nov 16
- Mount St. Mary's and Robert Morris meet in NEC title tilt Mar 11