Long Island holds off winless Bryant 62-46Dec 4, 2009 - 4:16 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Jamal Olasewere scored 13 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for his first career double-double and Long Island University held off winless Bryant 62-46 Thursday night in the Northeast Conference opener for both teams.
The game was the first official league contest for the Bulldogs (0-7) and will count in the standings, although Bryant is ineligible for the postseason until 2012-13.
The Blackbirds (3-3) used a 16-3 run early in the second half to build a 48-31 lead, sparked by back-to-back layups by Kenny Onyechi, who also scored 13 points.
Bryant, playing without leading scorer Cecil Gresham, who was sidelined by a knee injury, scored just one field goal in the first 8:26 of the second half.
Jaytornah Wisseh added 10 points and 10 rebounds for Long Island.
Vlad Kondratyev had a career-high 15 points, 11 in the first half, and Papa Lo had nine blocks for the Bulldogs.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- Dower Jr's big night leads Gonzaga past Bryant Nov 10
- No. 15 Gonzaga takes on Bryant in season opener Nov 9
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12