Florida International downs Florida A&M 61-54Dec 4, 2009 - 5:03 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Marlon Bright scored 15 points and had 14 rebounds to lead Florida International to a 61-54 win over Florida A&M on Thursday night.
It was the first road win of the season for the Panthers (3-7), who won against Florida A&M for only the second time in seven meetings. Marvin Roberts, Antoine Watson and Stephon Weaver each added 11 points for the Panthers.
The Panthers led 25-24 at halftime and had a 6-point lead twice in the second half. The Rattlers (0-9) cut the lead to two points with 18 seconds to go on two free throws by Yannick Crowder.
However, Phil Gary iced the game for the Panthers with a pair of free throws after he was fouled on the ensuing inbounds pass.
Dale Hughes and Rasheem Jenkins each scored 12 points for the Rattlers. Christopher Walker added 11 points and 10 rebounds. Crowder had seven points, 14 rebounds and five blocks for the Rattlers.
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- FIU tabs Evans as head coach Apr 16
- Western Kentucky wins back-to-back Sun Belt titles Mar 12
- Hilltoppers and Panthers duke it out for Sun Belt crown Mar 11
- Louisville blows past FIU Dec 20
- Panthers hope to claw their way past fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 19
- FIU tabs Richard Pitino as head coach Apr 16
- Isiah Thomas out as FIU hoops coach Apr 6