North Dakota State defeats Western Illinois 60-55Dec 4, 2009 - 3:56 AM MACOMB, Ill.(AP) -- Eric Carlson scored 19 points Thursday night to lead North Dakota State past Western Illinois 60-55 in the Summit Conference opener for both teams.
Josh Vaughan added 13 points, making 4 of 4 from the free-throw line in the final 30 seconds for the Bison (3-3). Michael Tviedt had 11 rebounds and Vaughan nine for North Dakota State.
Ceola Clark, with 19 points, was the game's high scorer for Western Illinois (3-4), which shot 32 percent from the field in the game. Matt Lander scored 10 points for the Leathernecks.
Neither team did much from behind the 3-point line. The Bison were just 1 of 6 and the Leathernecks 3 of 17 for the night from 3-point range.
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- North Dakota State beats NAIA Valley City State 69-49 Nov 18
- Gonzaga holds off North Dakota State Mar 21
- Bison and Bulldogs get together in South Regional fracas Mar 20
- Bison edge Jackrabbits in Summit final thriller Mar 10
- Bison battle Jackrabbits in Summit League finale Mar 10
- No. 10 Texas crushes North Dakota State Nov 15
- Longhorns kick off season of hope against visiting Bison Nov 14