Cal State-Northridge edges Idaho, 95-93Dec 4, 2009 - 6:04 AM NORTHRIDGE, Calif.(AP) -- Kenny Daniels scored a career-high 39 points Thursday night and Cal State-Northridge came back from 14 points down to defeat Idaho 95-93.
Daniels, who also had 10 rebounds, made 12 of his 17 shots from the field and 13-of-15 from the free-throw line for the Matadors (4-3). Vinnie McGee, who was 4-for-4 from 3-point range, scored 14 points and Lenny Daniel 11 for Cal State-Northridge.
Idaho (4-2) led 63-49 with 15:43 to play. But the Matadors fought back, tying the game at 73 with 7:31 left on a Daniels jump shot. Daniels then put the Matadors in front to stay at 78-77 with a 3-pointer at the 5:33 mark. They built a 85-77 lead, their biggest of the night, with 3:08 remaining.
Kashif Watson scored 21 points, going 15-for-15 in free throws, to lead Idaho. Mac Hopson scored 19 and Steffan Johnson 16 for the Vandals.
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 95 FINAL
Dec 4 12:07 AM
- NCAA BB
CS NORTHRIDGE 43 HALFTIME
Dec 3 10:54 PM
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Theus takes over at Cal State Northridge Apr 3
- Braswell out as CSUN head basketball coach Mar 20
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19