High Point beats Presbyterian 63-61Dec 4, 2009 - 3:23 AM CLINTON, S.C.(AP) -- Tehran Cox's layup at the buzzer propelled High Point to a 63-61 win against Presbyterian in the Big South Conference opener for both teams on Thursday night.
Nick Barbour hit a pair of free throws to put the Panthers (4-2) up 61-58 with 34 seconds to play.
After Chase Holmes missed a jumper for Presbyterian and Eugene Harris bricked a free throw for High Point, Travis Smith nailed a 3 for the Blue Hose with 5 seconds left to tie the game at 61-all.
High Point took their final timeout to set up the final shot with 3 seconds left - all Cox would need to find the basket.
Barbour was the only High Point player in double figures, scoring 25. Cox's only points came on the game-winning basket.
Jake Troyli scored 16 points, Holmes 14 and Khalid Mutakabbir 10 for the Blue Hose (2-6).
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- Late trey lifts Presbyterian to upset win over No. 20 Cincinnati Nov 19
- Blue Hose face tall task in clash with 20th-ranked Bearcats Nov 19
- Coach K ties Knight as Duke rolls Nov 12