La Salle defeats Lafayette 79-67Dec 4, 2009 - 3:16 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Rodney Green scored 19 points and dished out six assists to help La Salle defeat Lafayette 79-67 on Thursday night.
Green, who became the Explorers' No. 19 all-time scorer, shot 7-for-11, to pace La Salle (4-2) to 53.3 percent shooting from the field (32 of 60).
The Explorers shot 64.3 percent in the second half (12 of 28) after leading 35-23 at halftime.
La Salle outrebounded the Leopards (4-3) 22-13 and held them to just two of their 18 assists in the first half.
Yves Mekongo, Aaric Murray and Kimmani Barrett scored 13 points each for La Salle.
The Explorers, who were shooting 41.4 percent from 3-point range heading into the game, made 42.9 percent (9 of 21) against the Leopards (4-3).
Lafayette's Jared Mintz scored 14 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Tony Johnson added 12 points and Jeff Kari chipped in 11 for the Leopards.
- Villanova trounces Lafayette in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Lafayette challenges No. 1 seed Villanova Mar 19
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Lafayette gets past American for Patriot League title Mar 11
- American and Lafayette meet for Patriot League title Mar 11
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- No. 10 Kansas dominates Lafayette Dec 20
- Lafayette comes calling on No. 10 Kansas Dec 20
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3