Bowling Green beats Savannah St. 59-51Dec 4, 2009 - 2:31 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Joe Jakubowski scored 14 points, including a key layup and 3-pointer late, leading Bowling Green to a 59-51 win over Savannah State on Thursday night.
Trailing 49-48 with just less than 4 minutes left, Erik Marschall hit a pair of free throws to put the Falcons (3-3) back on top.
Jakubowski took over from there. The junior guard dropped in a layup to push Bowling Green's lead to three points with 2:29 left, and Otis Polk found him open for a 3-pointer 36 seconds later to put the Falcons ahead 55-49.
Polk sank two free throws in the last 14 seconds for Bowling Green's final margin.
Jakubowski finished 2-for-3 from beyond the arc.
Polk and Marschall scored 10 points apiece for the Falcons.
Tracy Rankins paced the Tigers (4-4) with 24 points and Arnold Louis added 13. Rankins was 5-for-8 from 3-point range.
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Hurricanes have easy time with Savannah State Dec 9
- Hurricanes hope to rebound in bout with visiting Tigers Dec 8
- Louisville destroys overmatched Savannah State Nov 24
- Cardinals expect to soar in clash with visiting Tigers Nov 24
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Baylor keeps home streak alive, routs Savannah State Jan 3
- Hapless Tigers tangle with surging Bears Jan 3
- Florida thumps Savannah State Dec 29
- Hapless Tigers hit road to challenge 13th-ranked Gators Dec 29