College of Charleston downs Georgia Southern 68-59Dec 4, 2009 - 3:23 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 19 points and College of Charleston rallied to defeat Georgia Southern 68-59 on Thursday night in the Southern Conference opener for both teams.
The Cougars (2-3) shot 66.7 percent (14-for-21) from the field in the second half, including 8-for-15 from 3-point range, to snap a two-game losing streak.
The Eagles (3-5), the league leader in scoring at 77.9 points per game, shot only 37.3 percent (25-for-67) from the field for the game.
Charleston led 25-18 with 4:07 left in the first half, before the Eagles used a 10-0 run to pull ahead 28-25 at the break.
After the Cougars tied the game at 36, the game stayed close until the 7-minute mark. Trailing 52-50, Charleston went on a 12-2 run to pull away.
Jeremy Simmons added 10 points and a career-high 13 rebounds for the Cougars.
Ben Drayton III led the Eagles with 15 points.
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 59
COLL OF CHARLTN 68 FINAL
Dec 3 8:58 PM
- NCAA BB
GA SOUTHERN 28
COLL OF CHARLTN 25 HALFTIME
Dec 3 7:54 PM
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Georgia Southern tabs Byington as men's basketball coach Apr 1
- Georgia Southern dismisses Young after 4 seasons Mar 12
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12