Davidson beats The Citadel 74-63Dec 4, 2009 - 2:12 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Will Archambault scored 21 points and Jake Cohen added 20, leading Davidson to a 74-63 win over The Citadel in the Southern Conference opener for both teams on Thursday night.
Archambault connected on six 3-pointers and Cohen hit four for the Wildcats (2-5, 1-0), who finished 15-for-27 from beyond the arc. J.P. Kuhlman, who finished with 19 points, sank three from long range.
The Citadel (5-4, 0-1) finished 6-for-25 from 3-point range.
The Bulldogs jumped out to a 3-0 lead on a layup and a free throw from Cameron Wells.
But Archambault got the 3-point parade going early for the Wildcats, hitting a pair from beyond the arc to put Davidson up 6-3 3 minutes into the game. They led the rest of the way.
Zach Urbanus and Wells scored 23 apiece to lead the Bulldogs.
Davidson has won two of three since dropping the season's first four games.
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30