Lipscomb holds off Mercer 98-89Dec 4, 2009 - 3:41 AM MACON, Ga.(AP) -- Sophomore Jordan Burgason scored 31 points, including eight 3-pointers, as Lipscomb held off Mercer 98-89 on Thursday night.
Adnan Hodzic added 25 points and Josh Slater had 24 for the Bisons (2-4, 1-0 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won back-to-back games after starting the season on a four-game skid.
Burgason, who shot 9-for-15 from the field and 5-for-5 at the foul line, is the sixth Bison to score 30 or more points in a game in program history.
Mercer held a 45-38 lead at halftime, but Lipscomb went on a 17-2 run in a 5-minute span early in the second half to take a 70-59 lead the Bisons wouldn't relinquish.
Lipscomb's bench outscored Mercer's 33-10, and the Bisons also won the battle on the boards 43-33.
James Florence paced the Bears (3-4, 0-1) with 32 points.
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- Legendary basketball coach Don Meyer dies May 18
- Tennessee cruises past Mercer to reach Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Mercer seeks another upset in clash with Tennessee Mar 23
- Mercer's late rally stuns Duke Mar 21
- Blue Devils and Bears meet in Midwest Regional battle Mar 21
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18