Carter scores 27, Baylor tops Arizona State 64-61Dec 4, 2009 - 5:57 AM TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Tweety Carter tied a season high with 27 points, including two free throws with 14.3 seconds remaining, and LaceDarius Dunn made an uncontested layup with five seconds left as Baylor beat Arizona State 64-61 to continue the Big 12's unbeaten run in the Big12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series.
Carter made 7 of 9 3-pointers after hitting all six of his 3-point attempts while scoring 27 points in his last game, a 69-64 victory over Xavier on Nov. 29.
Carter made 3-point field goals on four of five Baylor possessions to key a 13-0 run that gave the Bears (7-1) a 52-47 lead with 5:21 remaining.
Rihards Kuksiks, who led Arizona State (6-2) with 16 points, scored 11 straight Sun Devil points, tying the game at 58 on a 3-pointer with 1:24 remaining. Kuksiks made one of his first 12 field goal attempts before hitting his last four.
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA ST 61 FINAL
Dec 4 12:35 AM
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA ST 33 HALFTIME
Dec 3 11:28 PM
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Arizona State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Hurley adds big boost of excitement at Arizona State Oct 28
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28
- Hurley trying to make the pieces fit at Arizona State Sep 30
- ASU hires Duke legend Hurley as head coach Apr 9