Binghamton defeats Bucknell 64-60Dec 5, 2009 - 3:09 AM BINGHAMTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Greer Wright scored 16 points and Binghamton defeated Bucknell 64-60 on Friday night.
Wright, the Bearcats' leading scorer at 12.1 points per game, was 8 of 12 from the free throw line.
Binghamton (3-5) led 27-13 at halftime after holding the Bison (4-5) to 24 percent shooting in the first half (6 of 25).
The Bearcats led 31-16 with 13:36 left in the game before Bucknell went on a 15-3 run, beginning with four straight 3-pointers. A Stephen Tyree free throw pulled the Bison within 34-31 with 6:52 remaining.
Binghamton would then hold off Bucknell the rest of the way.
Dylan Talley and Moussa Camara scored 13 points each and Kyrie Sutton added 11 for the Bearcats.
Bucknell was led by Mike Muscala with 14 points and G.W. Boon with 12.
The Bison, who lost for the first time in three meetings with the Bearcats, shot 26.7 percent from 3-point range (8 of 30).
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Fair, Cooney lead No. 4 Syracuse in rout of Binghamton Dec 7
- No. 4 Syracuse hosts Binghamton Dec 7
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13