Carver Bible College 63, N.C. Central 82Dec 6, 2009 - 3:29 AM DURHAM, N.C. (AP) -- Nick Chasten and Michael Glasker each scored 15 points and North Carolina Central overcame a 15-point first half deficit to rout winless Carver Bible College 82-63 on Saturday night.
Chasten also finished with 13 rebounds - six offensive - for the Eagles (2-7), who snapped a five-game losing streak. Vincent Davis had 14 points, C.J. Wilkerson followed with 12, and T.J. Granger and Dami Sapara had 11 apiece.
Carver Bible (0-13) led 29-14 with 10:24 left in the first half. But the Eagles outscored Carver Bible 28-11 the remainder of the half, taking a 42-40 lead on two free throws by Wilkerson, who shot 9-for-14 from the foul line.
North Carolina Central trailed only twice the rest of the way, pushing its margin to 21 on Sapara's two free throws with 4:20 left. Sapara also had 11 boards.
Cory Evans led Carver Bible with 24 points and seven turnovers.
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22
- No. 23 Indiana rolls over NC Central Feb 23
- Indiana steps out of conference to entertain NC Central Feb 22