Alabama rolls past Louisiana-Monroe 74-46Dec 5, 2009 - 8:28 PM TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- JaMychal Green and Senario Hillman scored 12 points each to lead Alabama to a 74-46 victory over Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday.
Mikhail Torrance and Charvez Davis added 11 points each for the Crimson Tide (6-2), which never trailed.
Davis also had a game-high nine assists and freshman Tony Mitchell had nine rebounds.
Lawrence Gilbert had 10 points and Tommie Sykes added seven rebounds for Louisiana-Monroe (3-5).
Alabama, with Green scoring eight points, jumped out to a 20-3 lead.
The Crimson Tide shot 69.2 percent from the floor and the Warhawks started by missing six of their first seven shots.
Louisiana-Monroe narrowed the gap to 24-12 at the 7:59 mark, but the Crimson Tide went on an 8-1 run to extend the lead. Alabama led 38-23 at the half.
Alabama opened the second half by scoring six straight points to push its advantage to 44-23.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12
- Alabama Preview Capsule Oct 29