Stephen F. Austin beats Cal State-Fullerton 62-61Dec 6, 2009 - 4:17 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Denzel Barnes nailed two free throws with one second left to hoist Stephen F. Austin to a 62-61 victory over Cal State-Fullerton and a win in the Etech Lumberjack Classic on Saturday night.
Barnes, who came off the bench to score 10 points for the Lumberjacks (5-2), made the game-winning shots after the Titans (3-2) took the lead in the final minute with a 3-pointer from Orane Chin and a pair of free throws by Jacques Streeter.
The Lumberjacks' Walt Harris led the game in scoring with 20 points, while teammate Jordan Glynn had a double-double, scoring 13 points and pulling down 10 rebounds.
Jer'Vaughn Johnson scored eight of his team-leading 13 points in the second half, including hitting each of his six of his seven points the line. Steeter, Aaron Thompson and Devon Peltier each added 11 points for the Titans.
- NCAA BB
CS FULLERTON 61
SFA 62 FINAL
Dec 5 10:24 PM
- NCAA BB
CS FULLERTON 25
SFA 30 HALFTIME
Dec 5 9:16 PM
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21