St. Francis defeats Bryant 54-48Dec 5, 2009 - 9:05 PM NEW YORK(AP) -- Kayode Ayeni scored 18 of his 23 points in the second half and St. Francis (N.Y.) defeated Bryant 54-48 on Saturday.
Trailing 48-41 with 2:55 left, the Terriers (2-5, 1-1 Northeast Conference) scored 13 unanswered points to keep the Bulldogs (0-8, 0-2) winless.
Akeem Bennett, who finished with 13 points, scored six during the run and Kayode added five.
The Bulldogs used an 11-2 run to build a 42-35 lead on Chris Birrell's jumper with 8:57 to play. Bryant maintained the seven-point advantage until the final 3 minutes.
St. Francis trailed 30-25 and then scored eight straight points to lead 33-30 on Akeem Johnson's layup with 14:39 left.
Kayode, who was 12 of 14 from the free throw line, added 14 rebounds for the Terriers.
Gresham scored 19 points and Raphael Jordan chipped in 10 for the Bulldogs, who shot 28 percent (7 of 25) from the field in the second half.
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18