Barnett leads Toledo past UMBC 76-67Dec 5, 2009 - 10:31 PM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Jake Barnett scored 26 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Toledo to a 76-67 win over winless Maryland-Baltimore County on Saturday.
Stephen Albrecht had 14 points, Jordan Dressler followed with 13 and Justin Anyijong added 11 for the Rockets (2-6).
Toledo took a 47-38 lead with 11:04 left in the second half when Larry Bastfield - who finished with seven assists - scored on a layup. The Retrievers (0-7) cut the lead to four a couple minutes later on Brian Neller's 3-pointer.
But the Rockets went on a 12-2 run over the next 4 minutes, capped by Bastfield's free throw to give them a 59-45 advantage. Dressler's two free throws with 3:27 left put Toledo ahead by 17 - its largest lead of the game.
Neller led UMBC with 15 points and Chauncey Gilliam had 13. Shawn Grant finished with 12 points, while Chris De La Rosa and Matt Spadafora each had 10.
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31
- Jayhawks play host to undefeated Rockets Dec 30
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- NCAA bans Toledo hoops from postseason over grades Apr 18