Lewis scores 22 as Cal Poly tops Pepperdine 83-77Dec 6, 2009 - 6:12 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- Shawn Lewis had 22 points, five assists, three steals and three blocks as Cal Poly rallied past Pepperdine 83-77 Saturday night.
Lewis led five Mustang players who scored in double figures, including Will Donahue with 17 points and Kyle Lewis with 16. Lorenzo Keeler added 11 points and David Hanson 10 for Cal Poly (2-5). Will Taylor grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds.
Jonathan Dupre led Pepperdine (3-5) with 19 points. Keion Bell added 18 and Mychel Thompson had 12. Dane Suttle Jr. chipped in 11 points, including three 3-pointers.
Lewis scored 15 of his points in the second half to help Cal Poly overcome a pair of 19-point first-half deficits.
The Waves sprinted to leads of 28-9 and 30-11 in the opening 14 minutes of the game before Cal Poly mounted its comeback.
The Mustangs gradually whittled the deficit to 10 points, 41-31, by halftime.
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 77 FINAL
Dec 6 12:07 AM
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 31 HALFTIME
Dec 5 10:54 PM
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19