Duquesne defeats Savannah State 58-44Dec 5, 2009 - 11:06 PM PITTSBURGH(AP) -- Eric Evans scored 17 points and Duquesne defeated Savannah State 58-44 on Saturday.
The Dukes (6-2) forced 16 turnovers and held the Tigers (4-5) to just two assists in the first half. Duquesne led 27-13 at halftime.
The Dukes jumped out to a 10-1 advantage and led by as many as 16 points in the first half. Bill Clark's free throw put Duquesne ahead 27-11 with 1:38 left until halftime.
Damian Saunders added 15 points on 7 of 11 shooting for the Dukes, who shot 45.7 percent from the field (21 of 46).
Duquesne won the rebounding battle 36-31 and outscored Savannah State 13-3 on second-chance points.
Arnold Louis grabbed 10 rebounds and Cedric Smith scored nine points for the Tigers, who matched their season-low total of 44 points for the third time.
Savannah State lost 63-44 to both Georgetown on Nov. 11 and Central Connecticut State on Nov. 28.
- Duquesne overcomes poor shooting to beat Robert Morris 72-65 Dec 19
- Ferry gets extension at Duquesne Jun 30
- VCU holds on to down Duquesne Jan 18
- Dukes seek upset of 17th-ranked Rams Jan 17
- Hurricanes have easy time with Savannah State Dec 9
- Hurricanes hope to rebound in bout with visiting Tigers Dec 8
- Louisville destroys overmatched Savannah State Nov 24
- Cardinals expect to soar in clash with visiting Tigers Nov 24
- Duquesne stuns Saint Louis Feb 28
- Billikens look forward to big night against visiting Dukes Feb 27
- St. Louis sneaks past Duquesne Jan 22
- Dukes seek upset of 19th-ranked Billikens Jan 22