Maryland-Eastern shore beats Delaware State 53-50Dec 6, 2009 - 12:26 AM PRINCESS ANNE, Md.(AP) -- Hillary Haley scored 14 points and Maryland-Eastern Shore rallied to beat Delaware State 53-50 in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference opener for both teams on Saturday.
The win broke Delaware State's 10-game winning streak over the Hawks.
The Hawks (2-5) trailed by seven points at halftime and took the lead for good with five straight points to lead 50-45 with 1:14 to play. Haley had two free throws and a steal during that stretch, then iced the game with a layup with 50 seconds remaining to give the Hawks a 52-48 lead.
Kevin White added 12 points for the Hawks.
With the Hornets (4-2) trailing 53-50, Marcus Neal missed a 3-pointer with 5 seconds remaining. Frisco Sandidge led the Hornets with 10 points.
The Hawks won despite shooting 38.8 percent from the field (19-for-49). However, the they forced 19 Delaware State turnovers and had eight steals.
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- No. 15 VCU beats UMES 106-66 Nov 20
- Rams butt heads with Hawks in Legends Classic Nov 20
- No. 12 Villanova eases past Maryland-Eastern Shore Nov 18
- Hawks hope to soar past Wildcats Nov 17
- UMES hires Collins to replace Allen Apr 8
- UMES, Allen part ways after six seasons Mar 12
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17