College of Charleston defeats Davidson 67-55Dec 5, 2009 - 11:34 PM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Jeremy Simmons and Donavan Monroe scored 16 points each to lead College of Charleston to a 67-55 victory over Davidson on Saturday.
Casaan Breeden added 11 points for the Cougars (3-3, 2-0 Southern Conference), who maintained their 11-point halftime lead by shooting 50 percent from the field (14-for-28) in the second half.
The College of Charleston jumped out to an 18-6 lead on Monroe's dunk with 9:04 remaining in the first half. Simmons tipped in Breeden's miss for a 20-6 advantage with 8:37 left.
Davidson (2-6, 1-1) cut the lead to seven points twice in the second half, the second time on Brendon McKillop's layup with 16:16 to play, but the Cougars went on an 11-0 run for a 48-30 lead on Breeden's dunk with 12:35 left.
Davidson shot 18.8 percent from the field (6-for-32) in the first half.
Will Archambault led the Wildcats with 10 points.
Simmons added 10 rebounds.
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30