San Jose St. 82, Utah Valley St. 74Dec 6, 2009 - 12:26 AM OREM, Utah (AP) -- Adrian Oliver scored 17 points and Chris Oakes added 12 points, 14 rebounds and three blocks as San Jose State defeated Utah Valley 82-74 Saturday.
Kyle Thomas contributed a career-high 15 points while fellow reserves Robert Owens and Mac Peterson finished with 14 and 10, respectively, for the Spartans (3-3).
Jordan Swarbrick led the Wolverines (3-4) with 30 points and five steals.
The victory was the first in the state of Utah for San Jose State since the 1984-85 season, ending a 19-game losing streak there.
San Jose State led by as many 19 points in the second half, 64-45 with 8:51 to play, before Utah Valley used a 25-9 run to cut its deficit to 75-70 with 1:15 remaining. The Wolverines couldn't get any closer.
The Spartans trailed 23-19 with 8:52 left in the first half then went on a 23-5 run to end the half and take 42-28 lead.
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 82
UTAH VALLEY ST 74 FINAL
Dec 5 6:10 PM
- NCAA BB
SAN JOSE ST 42
UTAH VALLEY ST 28 HALFTIME
Dec 5 4:54 PM
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- No. 7 SDSU routs San Jose State Jan 23
- Aztecs and Spartans mix it up in Mountain West melee Jan 22
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12
- Utah Valley visits No. 8 Oklahoma State Nov 12