Long leads Elon to 82-63 win over ChattanoogaDec 6, 2009 - 3:38 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Chris Long scored a season-high 20 points, including five 3-pointers, and had nine assists to lead Elon to an 82-63 victory over Chattanooga on Saturday night.
The Phoenix (3-6, 1-1 Southern Conference) were 13-for-34 from long range (38.2 percent). They came into the game averaging 6.8 shots from beyond the arc (30.5 percent).
Elon led 38-28 at halftime, but the Mocs cut the lead to five with a 5-0 spurt capped by Josh Odem's 3-pointer. Chattanooga (4-4, 0-1) kept the deficit under 10 points until Adam Constantine's three-point play with 10:44 left gave the Phoenix a 58-47 lead.
Constantine added 14 points and 11 rebounds and Drew Spradlin also scored 14 for the Phoenix.
Odem had 20 points to lead the Mocs, who shot 28.6 percent (8-for-28) in the first half, but improved to 16-for-28 (57.1 percent) in the second.
Chattanooga won the rebounding battle 38-36.
- NCAA BB
CHATTANOOGA 63 FINAL
Dec 5 9:27 PM
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18
- Minutemen meet Phoenix in non-league tussle Jan 18
- Duke routs Elon Dec 31
- Elon seeks upset of No. 7 Duke Dec 31