Kennesaw State defeats Lipscomb 97-91Dec 6, 2009 - 3:32 AM KENNESAW, Ga.(AP) -- Kurtis Woods scored 21 points to lead Kennesaw State to a 97-91 victory over Lipscomb on Saturday night.
Kelvin McConnell added 19 points on 7-for-7 shooting for the Owls (4-4, 1-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), while Markeith Cummings contributed 10 points and 10 assists.
Kennesaw State, who shot 76 percent in the first half (19-for-25), ended the half with a 15-3 run to take a 51-38 halftime lead. Woods scored 17 points in the first half.
In the second half, Lipscomb (2-5, 1-1) chipped away at the lead, and two free throws from Brandon Brown cut the Owls' lead to 72-69 with 8:51 remaining. But the Bisons would get no closer, as Kennesaw State's bench outscored Lipscomb's 25-5 in the second half.
Josh Slater paced the Bisons with 29 points, seven rebounds and 11 assists. Brown added 23 points.
The Owls shot 63.6 percent from the field (35-for-55).
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14