Louisiana Tech defeats Northwestern State 98-70Dec 6, 2009 - 4:08 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Kyle Gibson scored 29 points to lead three players with 20 or more points as Louisiana Tech raced past Northwestern State 98-70 on Saturday night.
Olu Ashaolu scored a career-best 22 points and added a game-high 12 rebounds for the Bulldogs (7-1), who also picked up 20 points from Jamel Guyton.
Louisiana Tech, which has won five consecutive games, raced to a 12-2 lead and didn't let Northwestern State (3-3) any closer than six points the rest of the way. Leading 17-11, the Bulldogs scored the next seven points.
Louisiana Tech led 52-30 at halftime in the first meeting between the schools since 1998.
Gibson, who was averaging 19.9 points, was 9-for-12 from the field.
Damon Jones scored 20 points and Will Pratt added 10 points and 10 rebounds for Northwestern State, which had to play without leading scorer Devon Baker, who has a bruised hamstring.
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Florida powers past Northwestern State Mar 23
- Gators, Demons square off in South Region's second round Mar 21