New Orleans beats Houston Baptist 79-67Dec 6, 2009 - 5:01 AM NEW ORLEANS(AP) -- Billy Humphrey scored 23 points to lead four players in double figures and New Orleans beat Houston Baptist 79-67 on Saturday night.
Carl Blair had a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds for the Privateers (5-2). Devin McDonald added 12 points and J.L. Lewis had 10 points.
Depth made the difference as the Privateers held a 30-7 advantage in bench scoring. McDonald and Lewis both came off the bench as all nine New Orleans players scored.
The Privateers led 47-35 at halftime and built its largest lead of the game at 16 points with 4:33 to play in the game. New Orleans shot 45 percent from the field (27-for-60).
Andrew Gonzalez had a game-high 24 points for the Huskies (1-7). Mario Flaherty had a double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds, and Wendell Preadom added 11 points.
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Appling leads Spartans to rout of New Orleans Dec 28
- New Orleans hits road to challenge No. 5 Michigan State Dec 28
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- Butler downs New Orleans Jan 5
- No. 17 Butler seeks ninth straight win in clash with New Orleans Jan 5
- McDermott paces Creighton over Houston Baptist Dec 17
- Huskies try to clip Bluejays' wings in non-conference action Dec 17
- S. Dakota tops Houston Baptist 91-86 in Great West Mar 14