Illinois State defeats Central Michigan, 75-62Dec 6, 2009 - 3:38 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Dinma Odiakosa had 16 points and 10 rebounds to lead Illinois State to its seventh straight victory, 75-62 over Central Michigan Saturday night.
Osiris Eldridge scored 13 points, Lloyd Phillips had 12 and Alex Rubin 10 for the Redbirds (7-0), who were 21-for-26 from the free-throw line.
Robbie Harman scored 18 points for Central Michigan (3-5). Marko Spica had 13 points and six rebounds for the Chippewas, and Amir Rashid also scored 13 points. Harman had five 3-pointers, the only ones of the game for Central Michigan.
The Redbirds led 37-31 at halftime and maintained the lead the rest of the way, with the Chippewas getting within 39-37 early in the second half. A 3-pointer by Phillips gave Illinois State a 10-point lead with just under six minutes to play.
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11
- Northern Iowa survives against Illinois State Jan 25
- Wichita State avoids shocker against Illinois State Jan 4