Rider beats Marist 55-51Dec 6, 2009 - 9:29 PM LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J.(AP) -- Justin Robinson scored 18 points, including going 4-for-4 from the foul line in the final 32 seconds, to lead Rider over Marist 55-51 on Sunday.
The Broncs (6-3, 1-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) led by six points after Novar Gadson's free throws with 1:41 left, but Marist put together a 12-5 run to pull within 52-51 with 12 seconds left.
But Daye Kaba missed a jumper to tie it for Marist after Ryan Thompson sank a free throw for Rider, and Robinson hit two foul shots with 2 seconds left to clinch the win.
Gadson finished with 12 points and 13 rebounds for the Broncs, and Jhamar Youngblood also added 12 points.
Robinson was 4-for-6 from 3-point range and 4-for-4 at the free throw line.
Sam Prescott led the Red Foxes (0-6, 0-2) with 14 points and Kaba added 13.
- NCAA BB
RIDER 55 FINAL
Dec 6 3:58 PM
- NCAA BB
RIDER 21 HALFTIME
Dec 6 2:50 PM
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Baggett named Rider head coach May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22