Boston U. holds off Bucknell 63-53Dec 6, 2009 - 9:52 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Jake O'Brien scored 17 points, including 12 in the first half, to lead Boston University to a 63-53 victory over Bucknell on Sunday.
O'Brien added eight rebounds for the Terriers (3-6), who jumped out to a 20-6 lead and never trailed to win for the first time in three games.
O'Brien's 3-pointer gave Boston U. its largest lead, a 32-16 advantage at halftime, but Bucknell (4-6) twice cut the lead to three in the second half.
Carlos Strong's 3-pointer increased the Terriers' lead to 56-50 with 2:06 left in the game. His two free throws gave Boston U. a 62-52 lead with 36 seconds to play.
Corey Lowe and Strong each scored 11 points for the Terriers, and John Holland chipped in with 10.
G.W. Boon scored 17 points and Patrick Behan added 12 points for the Bison, who shot 19.2 percent from the field (5-for-26) in the first half.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 63 FINAL
Dec 6 3:56 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 32 HALFTIME
Dec 6 2:58 PM
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28