Fresno State shuts down San Diego, 69-37Dec 7, 2009 - 2:43 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Sylvester Seay had a game-high 21 points and 10 rebounds as Fresno State defeated cold-shooting San Diego 69-37 on Sunday.
Paul George added nine points, nine rebounds and four steals for Fresno State (3-4), which snapped a four-game losing streak by holding San Diego to 18.6 percent shooting and 11 field goals.
Patrick McCollum had 13 points for the Toreros, who endured a nearly eight-minute scoring drought in the first half.
San Diego (4-5) trailed by as many as 38 points en route to its fourth straight loss. The Toreros played without leading scorer Brandon Johnson, who missed the game for disciplinary reasons.
Steven Shepp added seven points and six assists for the Bulldogs, who shot 45.1 percent.
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- San Diego hires Lamont Smith as coach Mar 31
- San Diego fires men's hoops coach Grier Mar 16
- Gonzaga pulls away from San Diego Feb 27
- Toreros face tall task in clash with third-ranked Zags Feb 26
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- No. 7 Gonzaga holds off San Diego Dec 30
- Toreros host Bulldogs in WCC action Dec 29
- No. 13 SDSU beats rival San Diego again Dec 5
- Rivals square off as Aztecs host Toreros Dec 4