Balocka's double-double leads Hawaii to 96-78 winDec 7, 2009 - 5:42 AM HONOLULU(AP) -- Petras Balocka scored 20 points and grabbed a career-high 20 rebounds to help Hawaii end a four-game losing streak with a 96-78 victory over Lamar on Sunday night.
The Warriors (3-4) recorded a season high in points, and Balocka's point total was one shy of his career-best.
Lamar (3-6), which dropped to 0-6 on the road and has lost six of its last seven overall, was led by Kendrick Harris, who had 21 points off the bench.
Hawaii's Roderick Flemings reached the 20-point barrier for the second consecutive game, finishing with 22.
Hawaii used a 16-3 run over the final 2:34 of the first half and first 1:49 of the second half to break open a one-point game. That surge, in which Balocka scored seven points, gave the Warriors a double-digit lead for good.
- Hawaii guard Aaron Valdes to turn professional Apr 7
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- U of Hawaii appeals NCAA men's basketball postseason ban Jan 6
- NCAA puts University of Hawaii men's basketball on probation Dec 22
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- WSU outlasts Hawaii in OT to reach Diamond Head Classic finals Dec 23
- Shockers and Rainbow Warriors meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- No. 20 Iowa State pulls away to rout Lamar Dec 2
- Cyclones seek redemption in clash with Cardinals Dec 2
- No. 22 SMU routs Lamar in opener Nov 15